We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Life Here




My husband gave up drinking soda and beer and has lost weight. He still eats like shit, way worse than me. But he has lost weight. I give up french fries, chocolate and everything I enjoy eating and lose only my sanity! WTF!? Anyway, I had to get that out there!

I have been walking, eating lighter and drinking more water. I feel good. But my ass still grows. I may try something different and let you know. Ok, that's all my ranting about my weight.



On other fronts. My son, the defensive end (did I get the position correct?), has been rocking the football field. He is usually a shy kid but he lets it all out on the field. And you know what else? He is so mellow at home. He gets all his energy and aggression out on the field and leaves it there. Thanks Pop Warner and coaches. Can you see him, he is #60.


And then there is my daughter, she is such a chick. She cheer leads for the same league. I was never a cheerleader, I played softball and was tough and tumble. My daughter, she's girly. She likes to shop at the mall, I hate malls. She gives a lot of kisses, I love kisses. She actually teaches me how to be tender. I love my little chick.

And I am so proud of them both. They have been doing so well in school. I rarely have to help with homework, they get it. And they both bring home A's and B's. I don't know what happen this year but they just get it. You know, we had a wonderful summer of freedom outdoors and exploration, I think that has much to do with how well my kids are handling what is thrown at them.

Be green.

No comments: