We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Buy Nothing (at the movies)

Over on Crunchy Chicken's blog she has challenged us to buy nothing for the month of April. And I am doing well. Target can live without me. BUT I went to the movies yesterday. Is that considered buying something? AND I bought Raisenettes. Will I be kicked out of my eco-circles for this?

I am a SAHM so I get "me" time during the week with my friends. We like to go to lunch or movies. If I don't do this I will go crazy on the weekends with my family. I try to stay green while I see my friends.

I have 3 vices, which at this time I will not give up but plan to in the future sometime. They are diet soda, Raisenettes (only at movies) and Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt. But I am even drinking soy milk. That is huge for me because I am a milk and cereal fan. And I have my kids trained to seek out the "O" for organic. They even read labels to look for sugar and fiber content. And we recycle.

So I am hoping that I can slip by the green police and go to the movies and enjoy my snuck in popcorn and raisenettes.

No comments: