We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My Follow Up with Plastic Bubble Wrap

In my previous post I mentioned I bought green items in the mail that were wrapped in non-green bubble wrap. I wrote to the company, ReusableBags.com.

Hello Reusable Bags,
I am a first time buyer of your site and I am very pleased with my items-3 Sigg bottles and "Plastic Bags Blow" bag. BUT I was concerned to see that you wrapped the bottles in bubble wrap before sending them off to me. I am fairly new to to recycling so please tell me that the bubble wrap you used is 100% recyclable. Your site teaches to stop using plastic bags yet you are shipping your items in plastic bubble wrap. This confused me. I thought for sure the packaging would be made of recycled paper. I can say that I am very disappointed in the fact you used plastic. I may think twice about purchasing from your site again unless I know for sure I can recycle the bubble wrap.
Thank You, Allison

Their response:

Allison,
Please realize that we are on the same page and as concerned about this issue as you are. We strive as a company to continually reduce our ecoimpact. We try to use minimal packaging, reuse packaging whenever possible, and research other alternatives, such as biodegradable packing peanuts. We've passed along your feedback will continue to work with our suppliers and fulfillment house to identify and use more eco-friendly packaging whenever possible.
Feel free to contact us with any other questions or concern. We really appreciate your feedback and are open to hearing any suggestions you may have for suitable packaging alternatives.
Sincerely,

This response does not help my situation. I don't think I will order from them again. I mean honestly, as a "green" company shouldn't they already have a eco impact plan set in motion and use biodegradable?
On a positive note, they responded within a day. I have dealt with companies that NEVER respond.
A+ Customer service
F Packaging

No comments: