We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Email and IM with a heart


If you have Windows Live Hotmail or Windows Live Messenger you can make a difference by just communicating with your friends. A program run by Windows Live called the "IM Initiative" will donate a portion of its advertising revenue to a social cause of your choice off their list everytime you send an email or IM your friend. On the list are great organizations like Sierra Club, Unicef, American Red Cross and Ninemillion.org. Check it out. It is free and takes just seconds to join.

My personal email is through Hotmail. It literally took me 3 seconds to sign up. The hardest part was choosing the cause. I ended up choicing the Sierra Club but I felt like I was denying every other organization free money. To make up for it I'll go donate blood.



No comments: