We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Republican and Global Warming????

I tend to keep politics out of my blogging but this site's supporter blew me away.

I was shopping on Simple Shoes thanks to Green Bean Dreams post. I wanted to read a little about the sites collaborations and they have one with StopGlobalWarming.org. I ventured to that site to find out that John McCain, let me repeat, John McCain is a supporter of StopGlobalWarming.org. Check it out! I know McCain has acknowledged global warming as fact but I never imagined him aligning himself with an environmental site. Or is he greenwashing? I know his environmental strategies are not as stringent as his democratic counterparts. But I can say it is nice to see a republican coming on board-somewhat.

This just proves that "green" can infiltrate anyone. And as I have been reading on other blogs, we all need to try our best to be green. Is this McCain's best?

No comments: