We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Black Beans for Dinner?

So on my quest to be healthier and more organic I need to rid my cupboard of old foods. I found a can (which I recycled) of black beans from Trader Joe's mixed it with diced tomatoes, basil, garlic salt, diced onions, salt and pepper. I would rather go more fresh with fresh garlic and onions but I am being lazy today. It tastes ok. But placed with steamed broccoli and yellow squash will it fill me up--no meat!

I am not as good as it seems. Last night I scarfed down delivery pizza and Dreyers Mint Chocolate Chip. I did have oatmeal for breakfast with limited sugar and a free range turkey with flour-free bread sandwich. BUT I finished off the last of the Honey Nut Cheerios while watching Oprah this afternoon.

I am trying. This is good for me. I usually eat a lot of sugar everyday, it is hard to come off that sugar need.

Wish me luck....

No comments: