We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why Organic?

Because my conscience tells me so. I was raised Catholic so my heart and mind run on guilt. (Ha Ha) But seriously, I do feel the need to eliminate most toxins, pesticides and chemicals out of MY body. The organic foods are available to me at my supermarket and I am very lucky to live in the Bay Area where organic is "the Thing" to do. I also live in a farming community outside of mainstream city life so I have excellent farmers I can buy crops from every spring an summer.

I gotta tell you though it is still hard to go organic. The prices cost more. I am already paying $3.59 for gas! ( I am working on getting a hybrid, but those cost more also) And in the Bay Area my mortgage is higher. And I am a stay at home mom (SAHM).

BUT I was just reading an article stating that in the long run you save money. Think about all those pesticides-THEY ARE USED TO KILL ANIMALS! What do you think it does to humans, we are animals. So later on when I have no breast cancer or brain disease I won't have to spen thousands on treatments and I will be free of disease.

So I am going to eat my organic oatmeal with my fair trae coffee, go to the gym, buy Klean Kanteens for everone in my family, take in some omega-3 and try my best to be organically healthy.

No comments: