We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Sunday, March 30, 2008

FreeCycle It!

Don't just recycle or donate, FREECYCLE your things! This is so neat! This is how it works:

1. Say you have an old DVD player that you don't want anymore. You go to the FreeCycle Website and look for a freecycle group in your area.

2. Sign up for the group.

3. List your item for free and if someone wants it you give it to them. For free!

Ok, I know you say, "well, I can just give it the Salvation Army". Yes, you can but the beauty of these groups is you get to GIVE directly to the recipient. And if you need something you can search or request it and get that item for free. The key if "free" and recycle of course.

I looked at my local FreeCycle group and there are things like moving boxes (do you know how expensive those are!), "an almost full 12 pack of Coke" (heh?) and supermarket coupons. Now, the Salvation Army won't take stuff like that. But if I was moving I would jump on the moving boxes.

Try it out.

No comments: