We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Vinegar


Yesterday our friends were coming over and I had to tidy the house up quickly because we were running late. I had to pick up shoes, vacuum, mop and clean the windows. I recently ran out of Windex so I poured about 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water into a bottle to clean our mirrors. Do you know how much longer it takes to clean mirrors with vinegar than it does with Windex? Now I know why Windex is a superior mirror cleaner, it practically dries by itself without streaks! Vinegar and water on the other hand, OMG, you need to wipe and wipe and wipe until the mirror is not only dry but streak free. My right arm got a workout, that's the good part.

Now, I won't stop using vinegar to clean the mirrors but did I do something wrong? Is my vinegar to water ratio wrong? I don't get the newspaper so I reuse an old clothe, does that make a difference? Or does washing the mirrors (and windows) just take good old fashion elbow grease to get the job done?

No comments: