We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Reuse and Recycle

As you all know we took some weekend trips this summer, we stayed in motels and camped. When my family vacations in that manner we always buy the little boxes of sugary cereal. Before you catch me being ungreen, this has been a tradition since I was a kid. We take a vacation from nutrition, at least for breakfast. I always cringe when I buy the little boxes, the cereals have almost no nutritional value, they are full of sugar, they waste natural resources, should I continue? But like I said, it is a tradition.

You all know the saying, "Reduce, Reuse and Recycle". Well these little boxes take out the reduce part. But my daughter, who is 7, figured out a great way to reuse. See below, isn't that cute? She actually took about 6 of the little boxes and made a little pet condo but I think she converted it into something else because I couldn't find it. And when she is done we will recycle. She also took the egg carton for storage use.








Click here to reduce 1 pound of carbon. Care2

2 comments:

houseofeling said...

kids are so creative! Love the idea of vacation, even from our nutrition.

I admit it too, when we go on vacation we um.....get mcdonalds (but I have been known to pack a cooler of mom made sandwiches every now and again).

Allison said...

Designher Momma-We get McDonald's too at times on the way out of town. I'm not a fan because it disagrees with my mommy stomach but I think I crave the salt and grease.