We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Papertowels Update

Robin,

My paper towels are still hiding in the laundry room. When I do laundry I almost feel bad for them, all alone. I bet they miss the banana holder (which I have given up also because of food miles) and the fruit basket. They sat there for years. Now I have exiled them to the laundry table next to perpetually unfolded clothes. They look lonely. No more juice spills or messy faces.

I know the June Eco Challenge has been over for a week now but I don't want to stop. I will try my hardest to not use paper towels but when friends come over and eat ribs what do I do? I don't think they will understand my greener ways and want a paper towel for the sauce on their faces.

Thanks for the challenge and the great blog.

Allison

1 comment:

Robin Shreeves said...

Allison,

Your paper towels are happy to be sacrificed for a good cause. Besides they have each other. There are plenty together on that roll.

I'm glad you're keeping it up. I'm hoping that some of these one week mini challenges turn into lifetime habits for me and others.