We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow the earth from our
children.
-Native American Proverb
We have been treating the Earth like we don't live on it.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update on Challenges

I have 2 challenges this summer, no paper towels and eat one meal local every week.

I have been doing excellent at keeping the paper towels at bay. But my family is going through withdrawals. My husband asked where the paper towels were the other day and I told him flat out that I hid them. He just sat there quiet thinking, "well give them to me." I happily showed him the stack of rags he can use instead. He did and went on his merry way. My daughter actually started to grab a napkin (I can't break them of wiping their mouths with napkins or shirts for that matter) to clean her milk spill. And I directed her to the dish rag. I think I can get through eventually.


And I am finally mentioned in someone else's blog!!! But it wasn't for my witty writing or my outrageously interesting blog (ha ha), it was for a challenge. I am on the Farm to Philly blog under California for the One Local Summer Challenge. Scroll down and you will find me under California then Allison. Anyway, since then I realized that the meal does not need to be dinner, it can be lunch or breakfast. So yesterday I had scrambled eggs from Shelly's Garden with just salt and pepper for breakfast. (Sorry no picture of that meal, ya all know what scrambled eggs look like.)

So there, I am satisfied with meeting my challenges! Happy Green Day!









No comments: